Many north Indians wonder to see south Indians eating food on a Banana leaf.They would think this is just a tradition and nothing more than that but it’s not pretty much the same.
Yes, eating on a Banana leaf is a tradition but it has many scientific factors involved.If in case someone asks why do south Indians eat food on Banana leaf, tell them that Banana leaves are a rich source of antioxidants and polyphenols which protect us from radicals.
In other words, they minimize the chances of cancer.Banana leaves also do contain citric acid, Vitamin A, calcium and much more.
So, without extending the discussion let’s check the cool Benefits of eating food on Banana leaves.
* Banana leaves are environment friendly.It’s not a paper plate to harm the air in our premises.Banana leaves are the cleanest and healthiest plates we can get.Eating on Banana leaves don’t carry any side effects.
* We eat in the same plastic or silver plate which was used by some other person.
Though we clean plates right after the meal there is always a question of Hygiene.Instead of bothering about hygienic things, we can use fresh Banana leaves which are utter clean and hygienic.* We use many chemicals, soaps and detergents to wash our plates.Isn’t there any chance of such chemicals entering into our body with our food ? There are chances.So, it’s better to prefer fresh Banana leaves over our cleaned vessels and plates.
* There is an element in Banana leaves called chlrophyll which protects our body from intestinal ulcers and skin diseases.
* Due to the presence of antioxidants, vitamins and polyphenols, Banana leaves add the extra nutritional value to our food.For that reason, it helps in good digestion, improves immunity, purifies blood and add several more Benefits to that.
* They are water proof, they don’t contain chemicals, need not be washed with chemicals and in other sense, eating food on Banana leaves is our tradition.When science meets tradition, it’s good to follow such traditions.