Israeli Man Dies From Rare Brain-eating Amoeba

Israeli man dies from rare brain-eating amoeba

JeruSalem 6 Aug : A 36-year-old male in the north of Israel died in northern Israel after he was diagnosed with an Amoeba that eats the Brain according to the Israeli Ministry of Health has announced in an announcement.
The man who was free of other underlying illnesses, died from naegleriasis, also known as primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) which is an uncommon, fatal disease of the Brain caused by the Amoeba that eats the brain.

 Israeli Man Dies From Rare Brain-eating Amoeba-TeluguStop.com

Naegleria fowleri Xinhua news agency reported in a report by the ministry.

The Amoeba species can be found in water puddles, freshwater and other water sources that are stagnant and an investigation into the possible exposure of the deceased is currently underway according to the report.

The rare case was identified in the Poriya Medical Center in Tiberias an easterly resort city near the Sea of Galilee and was reported to the ministry’s central laboratory.

Due to the rare nature of the situation Due to the rarity of the case, a clinical sample was requested for confirmation of diagnosis to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In the first phase of PAM infection which is transmitted through the nose, the symptoms may include extreme headache along with nausea, fever, and vomiting.

As the infection gets worse symptoms, which manifest in the first to nine days following the exposure, may become a stiff neck or hallucinations or seizures.

int/shs

Disclaimer : TeluguStop.com Editorial Team not involved in creation of this article & holds no responsibility for its content.This story is auto published using news agency provider feed.