\'I Know The Way\', Nadal Looks Forward After Cincinnati Loss

“I’m confident”, Nadal looks forward after Cincinnati defeat

Cincinnati (US) August 18 : In the Western & Southern Open for the first time in five years on Wednesday, Rafael Nadal showed the Cincinnati fans why it was worth waiting to witness their champion from 2013 return.However, after fighting Borna Coric for an intense two hours and 51 minutes on the center court Nadal was eliminated from the tournament.

 'i Know The Way', Nadal Looks Forward After Cincinnati Loss-TeluguStop.com

Spaniard was ejected of the ATP Masters 1000 event after his first match.
The Spaniard was playing in the match for the first time since pulling out prior to the start of the Wimbledon semi-finals with an abdominal tear, Nadal dropped a 7-6(9) 6-4 decision in favor of the Croatian as he struggled to play consistently at the level that has helped him win four tour-level titles this year.

“Obviously I did not play at my best,” Nadal said in his post-match presser.He then went on to admitting he could only play two sets of practice in the build-up.”(It is) something that could occur.In the past, this tournament has been difficult for me.So , coming back from a difficult time of time (it is) something that is easy to accept, and easy to express congratulations to Borna and the fact that he did better.”

Nadal missed two set points in an epic tie-break in the first set but rallied to force a final.In the final set, Coric controlled the rallies as he took his only break of the match at the midpoint of the final set, securing the win of the century.

“It’s difficult to take in a number of positives, but I’m trying to get better,” Nadal said.”I must work on my skills.I’m not returning as well.I’m in need of more hours (on the court) and that’s the fact.It was clear that I had my chance in the beginning.

In the tie-break, I had two chance with two set points.I failed to score with two more or less easy shots.”
The 36-year-old also reminisced about “a couple of horrible points” after he made an opening of 0/30 in the third set.However, he he maintained his optimism throughout.

“You lose, you move forward.I’m familiar with the process,” he said.”The primary thing I want to do is to remain healthy.It’s been a tough injury to deal with honestly.In the last month and one-half wasn’t easy, since being injured on the abdominal area, you don’t know what happens until (you have reached) 100 percent over the injury and that can affect you somewhat in regards of being unable to (being) certain that you’re able to do the best you can in every single serve.”

He is now focusing his focus at the US Open, where he is likely to regain the top place in the ATP Rankings for the first time since the beginning of 2020.

“I need to take a step Forward and begin to consider the enthusiasm the crowd brings me in New York,” he declared.”I realize that it’s a special area for me and I really enjoy it.(I’ve experienced) unforgettable experiences there and I’m planning to try my best every day to be prepared for the next.”

inj

Disclaimer : TeluguStop.com Editorial Team not involved in creation of this article & holds no responsibility for its content.This story is auto published using news agency provider feed.