A massive fire broke out at Gandhi Hospital, one of the largest government hospitals in the twin cities.The incident took place at Gandhi Hospital in Musheerabad under Secunderabad in the early hours of this morning.
Patients were scared by the spread of smoke into several wards.The pregnant women ran out of the wards with their babies.
A fire broke out on the fourth floor of Gandhi Hospital in Secunderabad due to a short circuit in the power board of the Labor Department.Patients were scared and ran out of the wards as the dense smoke spread across the floor.
With this, the hospital staff alerted and provided information to the fire service.Fire crews reached the scene within minutes and extinguished the fire.
The fire, which broke out in the Labor Department, spread the smoke into several wards of the hospital.This made it difficult for patients to breathe.
As a precautionary measure, the hospital staff shifted the patients to other wards.
Also, the pregnant women were seen coming out of the wards carrying their babies.
However, no casualties were reported, and also, no patient was injured in the incident.